Sunday, February 10, 2013

My New Hair

As you all may remember, I had a hair appointment on my birthday last week. Even up to a few days prior, I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do, but I knew I was ready for a change. When I walked through the salon doors, I knew in that moment that I was going to make a big change. And here it is:


It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's actually a dark eggplant color and it's completely cropped in the back, as in pixie-cut short! I absolutely love it! 

All in all, my birthday was completely fabulous. It started a day early on Tuesday when the Professor had a gorgeous arrangement of flowers sent to work for me. I didn't get a very good photo, unfortunately: 

The next day, my actual birthday, I had a fabulous lunch with my mom at one of our favorite restaurants before she treated me to a hair make-over. After finishing that, I stopped at home to discover the Professor's birthday gift had arrived in the mail. Also, my step father had sent me a gorgeous arrangement of flowers, too! 

So pretty! I love how both arrangements make me feel like spring is right around the corner! 

Next, I drove up to Portsmouth to have dinner with the ladies from work. We got some Indian take-out and they baked me a cake!


I'm not sure why my face is so red in that photo, but my guess is that it was a combination of the spicy food and a whole lot of laughing and smiling. The evening was such a great surprise and a perfect finish to a wonderful birthday. 

Even though I was very specific about not wanting presents or a cake, there are always a couple of friends who just can't help themselves. And you know what, having a birthday cake and a couple of gifts when you don't expect them is really fun! The cake was delicious- it was a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting. It tasted a lot like a strawberry frosted donut. The next day at work, I was treated to an enormous cheesecake- the kind where each slice is a different flavor. So delicious! I think I had a bite of about six different flavors. 

As for gifts, the Professor was very generous and gave me a Wii! We've played MarioKart together before and I'm looking forward to playing it with him on a more regular basis. It kind of blew my mind when I learned that we can play that game together even when we're 1,000 miles apart! Technology is amazing! In addition to that amazing gift, two different people gave me two very similar presents. They even had similar packaging: 


Two bright green gift bags and each one had something similar inside: 

Two brand new STUPID LITTLE HATS!!! These ones are the fanciest of all and the one on the right looks more like a fascinator than a hat. I'm thrilled about both of them and can't wait to wear them! You can bet I'll be posting photos when I do. 

Thirty-four is going to be a great year. It's certainly off to a great start! 

5 comments:

Beth said...

Your hair looks so great! So sexy, and it highlights your beautiful eyes perfectly! In terms of elevating for 2013, consider it done.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Beth, you really know how to make a girl feel fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

Nee!!!! I LOVE your hair! You look amazing! Happy Birthday!!!! Let's plan a day together soon.

Kristan said...

I Love Love Love the hair! Similar to what I was thinking this time around, but I decided to stay a little longer before getting back to my pixie. Yours frames your face beautifully :)

Unknown said...

You rock it! It’s a great gift for yourself. Black is a delicate color, because if it’s not applied properly, the hair may look dull. Having great skin is one factor to make this work, and you definitely have it! I’m glad you enjoyed your special day. :-)

Tara Day

Related Posts with Thumbnails