Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rate My Look: Mad Hatter

I couldn't wait to wear my new hat, so I made sure to work it into an outfit right away. This is what I wore yesterday and I love it all:

Dress: Target
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Marshalls

My hat, made by Cha-cha's House of Ill Repute, is so stinkin' awesome. I don't even have words. Yes I do. They are as follows: This hat has such amazing details- from the lace-like, almost cobweb-esque trim over the grosgrain ribbon band, to the feather embellishment on the band, to the suede-like trim along the brim to the perfectly tea-stained color of the straw to the folds and creases that make it appear as though it's 100 years old, every detail of this hat is awesome. I should have taken a better close-up picture. It has SO much character, it's unbelievable. And yet, at the same time, it's incredibly neutral and versatile. What convinced me to splurge on this hat was the fact that it can truly be worn with just about anything. I know there are many of you who don't think so, who think that hats are so hard to wear! I know what's you're thinking: "When on earth could you ever wear this hat once, let alone in enough situations that it could be considered versatile!" 

First, it's a light-weight straw hat, perfect for protecting my face from the hot summer sun. That quality alone makes it appropriate for a stroll in the park, a trip to the farmer's market, a day at the beach, an outdoor BBQ and an afternoon shopping in any fabulous downtown you like, to name a few scenarios. The day I bought it, I was torn between it and a much dressier fascinator. In the end, I decided the hat could be dressed up OR down, while the fascinator was specific to dressing up situations. I promise to show you plenty of outfits with this hat to prove to you how versatile it is. Of course, I may not even need to convince you. Why not leave me a comment and tell me what you think- do you need convincing that it was worth the nearly $160 price tag? I want to hear what you have to say!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails