Wednesday, February 6, 2013

TV Inspiration: The Brady Bunch

This week, I've been writing TV-inspired posts and today is no different, except that it's also my birthday and so I've decided that I get to be a little self-indulgent with today's post. I've always been a huge fan of The Brady Bunch. I love that quirky family and I especially love their 70's style.


Most TV shows favor the women when it comes to bold fashion, but not this one. Nope. Check out Greg in that print shirt and cream pants. Now that's a bold look! Even Peter with his rainbow stripes and Mike in his not-so-subtle patterned shirt outshine poor Alice with her basic blue maid's uniform. I think Jan's dress is my favorite in this photo, but typically Marcia takes the cake when it comes to style. 


I believe this is from the Davy Jones episode (a personal favorite), but isn't that outfit just adorable? I would absolutely wear something like that today- it's not nearly as dated as you might think. In fact, to prove that her style isn't nearly as wacky as you might think, I've put together a polyvore set with four different looks all inspired by the one and only Miss Marcia Brady: 


My personal favorite is the green dress with the mustard tights and tall gogo boots. To channel Marcia, all you really need to do is focus on bold color AND print along with slim silhouettes and shorter hemlines. It's a cinch, really. 

Ok, that's enough self-indulgence for the day. I'm off to get my hair chopped off, followed by dinner and a Facetime date with my boyfriend. It's a low-key birthday, but that's how I like it. Have a great day, everyone and as always, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails