Monday, November 19, 2012

Starry Inspiration

Right before my trip to NC earlier this month, I received an invitation to a holiday party for everyone at work. I didn't give much thought to it until a few days later. The Professor and I were driving back to his house one evening and I noticed how many stars I could see in the night sky. It's amazing how the lack of light pollution helps you see so many more stars. It got me thinking about the kind of dress I'd like to wear to the party- an LBD with lots of sparkle.

Whenever I need a really awesome party dress, I head over to ASOS- they just have the coolest things!






I can't say right now which one I'm most drawn to. Honestly, there is a dress I saw last year that was a slim shift dress with an open back and long sleeves. I fell in love, but unfortunately never found it. I've seen similar dresses, but nothing quite compares. Don't you hate when that happens? 

Of course, there's always the option to make something fabulous. The holiday party is December 8th, so there's a bit of a time crunch there. I don't know that I want to put myself under that kind of pressure.  Also, the prices on some of these ASOS dresses are just so hard to beat, even if I make something myself. 

What do you think? Do you have a favorite for me? I'm always so torn on silhouette with dresses like this- the slimmer ones are so flattering, but I love the movement of a full skirt. And since there will likely be dancing, I usually lean towards movement over anything else. 

Leave a comment and tell me what you think! Do you have a holiday party to shop for this year? Tell me about that, too! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love 2,4 and 5 - and can I go shopping with you? And what to do for New years!???

Renée T. Habashy said...

Yes! I am always up for a shopping trip! A for New Years, I haven't even thought of that yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails