Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Fabulous "Thank You's"

Remember when I wrote about my day volunteering for a friend's school for "Career Day?" Well, I had another similar experience last Wednesday that I want to share with you. You may remember that prior to my current job, actually even prior to my job at AMT, I worked as a musician, both performing and directing and also teaching. In fact, my career started off as a middle school music teacher. Obviously, things have changed, but now that I'm back in New Hampshire, there are quite a few connections that have been re-ignited since I came back. One of them is with my friend Helen, who was a year above me in high school. She's now the choral director for a local middle school. Shortly after I moved back to NH, I heard from Helen asking if I could accompany her middle school chorus groups for their holiday concert. I happened to be available, so I did it. I suppose I did a good job because she asked me to come back and play again, this time for their spring concert. Anyway, the concert was last Wednesday night and the kids did a great job. I could see and hear how much work they put into the performance. What caught me off guard a bit, though, was the way they chose to thank me. It was so nice- Helen told the audience what she thought of me and how she was happy we re-connected, etc., but then the students presented me with an ENORMOUS "Thank you" poster. Not just a "Thank you" card- a "Thank you" poster!

I had to use the "Panoramic" setting on my camera to get the entire poster in one shot! 


Isn't that so sweet? I was so touched that they took the time to do that for me! As for what I wore? Well, I neglected to take a picture- it was a gloomy, rainy day, so it wasn't exactly ideal picture-taking weather. On top of that, I wore a basic black outfit, as most musicians do when playing a "gig." So rather than photograph my fairly dull outfit, I chose to photography my enormous and exciting "Thank you" card! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails