Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rate My Look- Shades of Grey


"Shades of grey wherever I go, 
The more I find out, the less that I know. 
There ain't no rainbow shining on me, 
Shades of grey are the colors I see."

One of my all-time favorite Billy Joel songs (and I love Billy Joel) is "Shades of Grey." I don't even really know why. When it comes up on my iPod, I have no choice but to turn the volume up and sing along at the top of my lungs. I'm loathe to admit that I often hit the repeat button as soon as it's done so I can sing along a second time before telling myself to move on and let the shuffle function do its job. 

While I put this outfit together in an attempt to demonstrate my monochromatic outfit technique, what has actually happened is that I've developed a Pavlovian response to the words "Shades of Grey" only instead of salivating in anticipation of food, my ear drums are pounding in anticipation of the ear buds. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go listen to some music. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails