Thursday, March 18, 2010

A little late...

I meant to put up these pictures with yesterday's post, but computer problems ensued and so I gave up on that pipe dream. Anyway, it was the most gorgeous day outside and as you can see from the photos I had a LOT of fun outside with my fabulous photographer Ken.

This fence was falling down, so I thought it would be fun to pretend I was karate-kicking it down. Not quite so cool as Chuck Norris, but who is? I also had a little Marilyn Monroe moment with the wind and my skirt right near this cool covered bridge:


But enough shenanigans, here's the outfit for reals:



In keeping with the idea of the three colors of the Irish flag, I put together this fun outfit for St. Patrick's Day. Most people remarked on how I looked "ready for spring" but felt that the only St. Patty's Day part of my outfit was the hat. Of course I had to educate them with my speech: "The orange represent the Protestants, the green is for the Catholics and the white is for hope that the two can live together in peace." Then I learned from my BFF Beth (who studied abroad in Ireland 2 separate years) that in certain parts of Ireland, they actually paint the curbs in these colors to sort of mark the territory of that particular political party and in Northern Ireland, the curbs are painted red, white and blue (British colors). She also said that the next generation seems to be a little more "over" the conflict, so perhaps the turmoil of that country can soon be a part of the past. Let's hope.

After work, I went to Andrea's house for a delicious boiled dinner- corned beef- YUM! It was really delicious. We had soda bread with real butter, corned beef with sauerkraut, cole slaw and chocolate cake for dessert. It was SO good. I'll be honest, I've never really felt that St. Patrick's Day celebrations should be about the food- boiled dinner with dry soda bread has never been a personal fave (especially the boiled cabbage part). However, corned beef is quite tasty and I discovered last night that soda bread fresh out of the oven is also delicious. In addition, Andrea's menu nixed the boiled cabbage part and offered crunchy, creamy cole slaw instead. Brilliant, if you ask me. I'll say it again, it was delicious.

3 comments:

LuceBuona said...

Now those are lovely pictures!!
So colorful and cute! :) You look so happy! Congratulations!!

Totally Inspired said...

Great pics.. and another super cute outfit! yeaa for good food with good friends!

Beth said...

You are so cute. I love the stripes on that dress and the hat is adorable. Enjoy today. It is supposed toget up to 70 in the North East

Related Posts with Thumbnails