Monday, August 30, 2010

Rate My Look- Accessories from Besties

Today when I put this outfit together, it didn't immediately occur to me that the most interesting accessories in the outfit were from my closest girlfriends:

I'm talking about the necklace and the bag, of course. The necklace was given to me from Andrea as an opening night present for Abbey Road. She conceived, wrote, directed and choreographed the entire show. Working on costumes with her was so much fun. She made this necklace for me as an opening night gift- isn't that so sweet of her? Here's a closer look at it:


Can you see the detail on the pendant- a pair of scissors? How perfect is that? I love it. As for the bag, I actually blogged about it a looooooooooong time ago here. Beth, being the sweetheart that she is, gave me the bag for my birthday. The joke with this bag is that while it's clever and adorable, it's highly inconvenient and impractical. I can barely carry anything in it and since the pouches are smaller at the top, it's hard to get anything out. Like I said, inconvenient and impractical. But totally cute, right? And didn't I say just the other day that one of my fall must-haves is an olive handbag? Check! (Silly me, I didn't take a close-up photo of the bag. I'll try to remember to do that and update this post.) I did, however, get a close-up photo of the shoes. Oh, the shoes. I was going to wait until tomorrow to go on about these shoes (since it is Shoesday Tuesday), but I can't wait. Check these babies out:


Who doesn't love a little pop of zebra print, right? These shoes are Madden Girl by Steve Madden and I scored them at the BCF for only $19.99. They are actually quite comfortable, too. I feel like a total babe in them. As for the rest of the outfit, the dress is made by me, originally seen here, the belt is so old, I have no idea where it came from, the cami is probably from Target, but I really don't know for sure and the sunglasses are vintage. I love the shape of them- I really should wear them more often.

So what do you think of my outfit today? Leave a comment and let me know!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, I'm thrilled you're carrying the bag at all. It looks so cool with your outfit. And the outfit as a whole is a knockout! I'm inspired to buy some camis, a wrap dress, a skinny belt, and, of course, zebra pumps. You may single-handedly turn this economy around!

Renée T. Habashy said...

Wow- I'm so flattered! That bag is hysterical. Miss you! XOXO

Maria said...

You look great, head to toe! That sunglass shape is super-flattering on you.

Totally Inspired said...

As usual.. I looove that dress.. and the shoes are ofcourse PERFECT!!! you look awesome. The necklace is so darling (and very appropriate, might I add, lol). Who cares if the bag is impractical.. its cute.. aaahhh, minor details, lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails