Thursday, October 15, 2009

Project Runway- Episode 9

BOB MACKIE!!!! Wow. I think that when the designers are creating a look for an icon, they tend to implode a little. And let's be honest- I'd do the same thing if I were in their shoes. If I was presented with the challenge of designing a dress to be judged by Bob Mackie, I would probably freak out from the pressure. Clearly that happened a little on this episode. Also, it seemed as though most of the designers were a little out of their element.

WIN: Carol Hannah
AUF'd: Shirin

I definitely agree with the judges choice this week for both win and auf. Shirin has been struggling and I think that the caliber of designers she is up against is just too much for her. She's so young, and she'll be fine- her career will be fine. She has a strong point of view, and I'm sure if she isn't being forced to work with old wedding gowns and sequin fabrics, she'll be just fine. As for Christopher almost being auf'd, I think his days are numbered. He's been in the bottom a lot lately!

I love Nicholas' line about Irina this week, "Irina's a good designer. The only problem with her is that she's a b*tch." He hit the nail on the head with that one. She's a great designer, but I really don't like her. She's so arrogant and rude towards the rest of the designers.

My favorites this week were Carol Hannah and Christopher. I wasn't a huge fan of the hot pants Christopher made simply because of the fabric choice, but if it was a different fabric- something like a black sateen maybe, I'd like it a lot more. Also, I felt his was the most "Christina" of all the designs and I liked his concept the best. He just needed to update the "revealed" outfit more. Carol Hannah's was a spectacular gown- she completely deserved the win.

Nicholas' dress was great, but just like Tim Gunn said, it was so similar to his movie challenge outfit. He chose the exact same color palette and everything- the main difference was the length of the dress. I have to wonder why he is still on the show! I've said it before and I'll say it again- with the judges constantly changing, there has been no consistency and it must have been really difficult for the designers to find their footing. In previous seasons, they were more able to get a feel for what the judges loved and hated, but it's been so hard for them this season. I feel for them all because of that. I can't believe we're only a few episodes away from the finals- this season has been flying by! Good stuff always seems to go by too quickly!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails