Thursday, July 11, 2013

Non-Shower Baby Shower

Did I mention on here that there are TWO pregnant stylists at work? Well, there are and they're both due next month. It's been crazy with hormones at MD lately and not just for the knocked up chicks.

Anyway, the owner hosted a lovely non-shower for the two of them last weekend and it was a great time. I call it a "non-shower" because we all just put together a pool of money for them rather than buy presents. Since they'd both had traditional showers with their friends and family, it made the most sense. In my opinion, that's the best kind of shower- the one where you aren't forced to sit for hours watching someone open presents. If I ever get married or have a baby, I'm going to want a non-shower for sure.

Anyway, the event was great and everyone looked stylish and cute, of course. Here's a fabulous photo of most of us:


It was crazy hot and humid the afternoon of the shower, but we stayed cool by staying in the shade as much as possible. I wish I had a better shot from the day, but I wasn't super focused on snapping photos. I did manage to get one of the two preggers chicks before the end:

 
I have to hand it to anyone who can be 8 months pregnant in the middle of the summer and still look half-way decent. And these two ladies look more than decent if you ask me. Brandie (on the left) isn't even wearing a maternity dress, which kind of cracks me up.
 
A few months prior to the non-shower, the planner Leslie and I were at Madeleine's and I'd just played her a song on my uke. She lit up and exclaimed, "You have to write a song for the babies and sing it at the shower!" At the time, the shower was months away, so I just replied, "Sure!" Then I promptly forgot all about it. Suddenly it was the night before the shower and I realized I had never written the song for the babies! I pulled out the uke and about an hour later, I'd written what seemed like an appropriate song. At the shower, when the time seemed appropriate, Leslie told me to get the uke- it was time for the song.
 
None of the iPhone recordings from the "live debut" were all that great, so you can't see the actual performance. However, Jeff (McKenzie's husband) requested that I post the song on YouTube so they could hear it whenever they want. I happily obliged, and you can enjoy it, too:
 
 
The Professor gave me the best compliment which was that it was exactly what you think when you're expecting a baby. Also, make note of my blue striped dress- I originally bought it in grey at Old Navy. You may remember it from this post. Well, I ended up getting it in three other colors because it's just that awesome. Too bad for you, it's pretty much sold out now. Sorry.
 
Well, I hope you've enjoyed this post. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just one of the many reason you are awesome!

LuceBuona said...

You are a woman of many talents! ♥ ♥
Such a sweet voice! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails