Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fabulous and Versatile Nail Color

Last weekend, I spent the afternoon at Sephora with my BFF Beth. She was having a make-up consultation for her upcoming nuptials. (So exciting!) While her make-up artist was applying the base for his art, her mom and I browsed the store and found ourselves captivated by the Sephora by O.P.I. nail selections. I've always been a fan of O.P.I's nail colors, but the options available in the Sephora line are stunning. I chose a beautiful shade of dusty lavender and I have to admit, I'm in love with it!

Please ignore my disgusting cuticles. 

It's a tiny bit darker in person, but as an interesting and unique color, it's also surprisingly neutral. I usually don't love bold or dark colors on my fingernails (toenails are a whole other story!), so this color works great for me. I didn't purchase it that day, but after wearing it over the last few days and seeing that it is not only a great color, but holding up well and not chipping yet, I realize I should have bought it! And an excuse to go back to Sephora is exactly the kind of thing that makes my day! 

Nail art and crazy nail colors seem to be very trendy right now. In fact, that trend tends to come and go all the time. I prefer sticking with a more neutral, subtle look, whether it's a lovely shade like the one I'm wearing now or just a simple french manicure. And in case you're wondering, the color pictured above is called "Call Your Mother." 

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails