Friday, June 3, 2011

Rate My Look- Back in Action!

Hello, all! Thanks for being patient while I took a couple of days off from blogging. I also appreciate the supportive comments on my last post. I think that after 2 years and nearly 800 posts, I was due for a little slump. Thanks for indulging me.

Anyway, I've been meaning to share this outfit with you guys because I really think it is DYNAMITE. (I'm so humble, right?) Anyway, now that I've collected an assortment of pencil skirts, I want to wear them every day. And this denim one happens to be a particular favorite of mine:

Top: So old, I don't even know where or when I got it
Skirt: Marshalls? TJ Maxx? Definitely one of those
Shoes: Daffy's
Ring and Necklace: Stella and Dot

Let us count the ways this outfit is fabulous, starting with the individual pieces: 

1.) These shoes are my absolute favorite shoes that I own and I wish I could wear them every day. However, I also wish to make it into my 40's without bunions, so there's that. But seriously- get a closer look at them here. In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I die." 

2.) The citrus-y top is so on trend right now- bright oranges, yellows and pinks are so hot for spring and summer. I love when an old piece from years ago suddenly becomes trendy again somehow. This top is so nicely structured, but it also has a bit of stretch to the fabric. I've been known to pair it with high-waisted sailor pants. Also a stellar combination, if I do say so myself. 

3.) The skirt. Seriously? This skirt is phenomenal. It's so unique and interesting to look at. Strangers complement it every time I wear it. Flattering AND interesting? I'll take it. 

4.) The jewelry- I will try not to sound all sales-pitch-y when I say this, but the Stella and Dot Sofia Pearl Bib Necklace literally elevates ANY outfit to classy and sophisticated in a heartbeat. Literally. This outfit is great on its own, but with that necklace? We've entered a whole new dimension Seriously, I die. (I am SO channeling Rachel Zoe throughout this entire post!)

Need I say more to convince you of the fabulousness that is this outfit? I didn't think so. 

4 comments:

Beth said...

This outfit is fantastic! It is so sharp and sophisticated and interesting. I'm jealous of that skirt every time I see it on you. Also, I could see that if you did the shirt, necklace, and shoes with a blazer and skirt suit thing, you'd be so corporate chic. The interns would all want to have affairs with you.

Taylor said...

It *is* a dynamite outfit and you have every right to think so! I agree with Beth above - jealous of that skirt every time you wear it!

Anonymous said...

You look frickin' awesome!

Shannon said...

I love this outfit! It makes me realize I need to buy or make a really great navy pencil skirt. I have two that I've made, but both are denim and I think I need something a little more dressy. Those shoes are so adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails