Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rate My Look- Self-Inspired Outfit

A few days ago, I was going through some photos of outfits I'd worn last year around this same time. Sometimes it will remind me of an outfit I loved and I'll pull it out from the back of the closet to revive it with a different accessory or two. Other times, I find myself feeling inspired to combine some of those older pieces into new outfits that are essentially the same idea, just executed differently- sort of a re-mix of clothing. I found this photo and I was inspired by my layering:


The low, scoop neckline of the dress allowed for a brightly printed, high-neck blouse. Using very similar pieces in my closet, I created this outfit inspired by the one pictured above: 


The dress is actually the exact same dress, only in a bright red jersey instead of black. The blouse is a sheer, tie-neck polka-dot top that's also super comfortable. In the end, I think I was pretty successful in inspiring myself. I created an entirely new outfit without purchasing a single new item. (And in case you're wondering, yes that is snow blowing across the picture. Snow in spring. Yuck.) 

Take a moment to re-visit outfits you've worn in the past and see if there are any new combinations you can come up with. You might surprise yourself. 

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Most (like, 98%) of my outfits are so boring I couldn't inspire a bug, let alone myself.

I am a total sucker for polkadots and I love the classic red/black/white combo! You look great.

Maria said...

Love the outfit! And we had snow too. Ick.

cheeky rose said...

Love you outfit

Anonymous said...

Love it! As always you look fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails