Friday, February 4, 2011

Bonobos- Menswear, not monkeys

A friend of mine recently pointed out a great website for cool menswear, so I simply had to share it with all my (2) male readers. One of whom is the person who told me about this site, so really, this entire post is for the lone remaining male reader, Tim. Enjoy. Actually, that's not entirely true, since we know how much we ladies enjoy dressing our life-sized Ken dolls, a.k.a. our significant others. So, that being said, I'm not sure Bonobos is for everyone. Don't get me wrong- I think their stuff is fabulous, but it is clearly designed for the man who can pull off the slim-fit look. Slim pants, fitted shirts, skinny blazers- it's a hipster heaven, if you ask me.

One of the things I truly love about Bonobos is that they not only carry the basics- khaki pants, navy blazers, oxford shirts- but they also have quite a few "wild cards" in the mix. Things like these "Tannenbaum" cords:

Festive Green Midweight "Tannenbaums," $98



I know what you're thinking. "I understand the bright green pants and the stripe-y sweater, but what's so exciting about a purple v-neck?" I'll show you: 

Hello? Elbow pads! 

Bonobos seems to not only be a quality menswear company with competitive pricing, but they also seem to have fun and funky pieces that are SO difficult to find in modern menswear. If you are the type of guy who is sick of charcoal grey pants and blue oxford shirts, Bonobos might be the place for you. Even their accessories are fun: 




Finally, another reason I appreciate Bonobos is the descriptions of each of their products. Whether made by a husband/wife team in Minneapolis (Sockeye tie), or inspired by a 1914 Ukranian shirtmaker (Benchwarmer sweater), the story is there for you to read. It makes the clothes that much more special to me, knowing that they weren't simply churned out in some overseas factory and distributed to every Target and Walmart across the globe. And you don't have to purchase the super colorful items pictured above to have a special piece. Everything from their navy wool blazer to their khaki pants to their Drunken Uncle jacket has unique details and a story behind it. Check it out when you have a minute- even if you don't purchase something, I promise you'll enjoy perusing the site. 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you from the other male reader!

Related Posts with Thumbnails