Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Slacker, party of one....

I know, I know- I totally missed Shoesday Tuesday TWO weeks in a row. I'm a slacker. And the funny thing is, that's pretty much the only type of post I've been really consistent with. So, I'll do my best to make it up to you with some fabulous finds on the cheap. As you know, I love shoes that make a statement and these Giuseppe Zanotti zipper ankle booties do exactly that:




I personally prefer option #2, but the layered zipper look is definitely cool, too. I like how it adds a tough edge without being a total biker-chick look. It's more of a fun, edgy detail to layer onto your look. Now, boot #1 above retails for over $1400. No, I did not forget the decimal point. And boot #2? Almost $1000 for the pair. So, in honor of my missed Shoesday Tuesdays of the last two weeks, I offer you these versions on the cheap:

1.) Target, $149.99




3. Newport News, $44.00 (on Sale)


4.) Jeffrey Campbell Legal at Lori's Shoes, $186.00



What do you think? Would you wear these trendy boots? They aren't really my style, but I think the use of the zippers is pretty unique. Remember when Jeffrey Sebelia used zippers in his final collection on Season 3 of Project Runway? Here's the dress from that collection:

 
Who knew how groundbreaking his idea would be? It seems zippers are used more and more as funky trims. In fact, I saw a cool idea for a zipper rosette and loved it so much that I made one for myself. It's kind of like the one on this headband from Forever 21:

But I'll wait to show that to you another day. (Perhaps on a giveaway day? Hint, hint!)

1 comment:

Wear Necessities said...

I LOVE zippered boots - so snazzy. I def need a pair!! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

Related Posts with Thumbnails